Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fishing for Fun!








Today we had a "Fishing for Fun" birthday party. I'm so blessed to have our boys, that I just can't help but throw a big party to celebrate them! Our good friends, the Tolers, came to our house and boy, did we celebrate!

I made the boys a small (2 1/2 inch, 5 inch, and 7 inch) tiered cake. The top and bottom layers were Yogurt Sponge Cake and the middle layer was chocolate. The chocolate was a different recipe and it was kind of dry, so I won't post it or use it again. I made fondant figures of the boys fishing. The 3 is upside down because it kept falling off and it got later and later in the evening and last time I put it on it was upside down, didn't realize it at first and then it was stuck. Isn't that the way it goes! Nobody even noticed until we were looking at pictures. Ahhh... Clayton really loved that there was a miniature of him on the cake. I also made goldfish bowl cupcakes.

For party favors I made tackle boxes out of egg cartons. I spray painted them then decorated the top and inside and filled them with all kinds of gummy lures, stickers, tattoos and grow capsules. The kids loved them. We also sent home a container of gummy worms in dirt cake to go with the tackle boxes.

Not baking, I know...Clayton and I made fish out of paper plates and painted them. Then we hung them on our porch to look like they were swimming in water. They were so cute, I couldn't help but post them.

We had a great time at the party. The best part was spending the day with our friends!

1 comment:

Angie said...

The party was amazing Abby. You always go to the nines with your cakes and decorations. You are so creative!